Judy's Mothers Day Visit to "The Valley"

Hi Family.

We are home after our trip to Echo Point to spend Mother's Day with Mum.

It was 8.30am when we arrived at Echo Point. It was a quiet Sunday morning as far as the rest of the world was concerned.

As I started down the steps leading to the various walks, I could hear the water seeping thought the earth and down the sides of the mountain. You can see the drips as it falls from the branches and roots growing from the ground above you.

When you reach the first semi level area after the steps you look to your right and see this towering gentle flowing waterfall. It gathers in small pools then flows past some stepping stones in front of you. After finding your footing on the stepping stones, you continue to follow a path alongside the slowly moving creek that you had just crossed. You can hear the sounds of the different little waterfalls as you follow the pathway. All around you there is the sounds of birds calling. As you walk you can catch glimpse of the creek next to you. The pathway was in different degrees of dryness. Some points even covering the pathway with rivers of slowly moving water. The pathway leads to a set of steps that that guides you upwards. At the top of the steps the paths leads you off again to the left. Now we loose sight of the creek but the sound of waterfalls is ever present. The pathway turns a corner and it then divides into a path leading down a set of steps or continues on towards the right. At this point there are some beautiful fallen logs that if viewed in the right way, looks like a mossy green garden seat built for a queen.

Here we go down the steps. As you reach the bottom step there is a bench on your right. It is here that Joe and I sat and cried as we said our good bye's to Mum. There is a small fenced area about 5 metres long. It was here that Joe and I scattered Mum's ash's on our last painful trip. While standing there this morning, listening to the sounds around me, I knew that Mum was happy and at peace. She even had a special early morning planned to show off her beautiful vista for me.. If you look over the edge of the cliff we are standing on you can see Mum's private bath and waterfall.

I had taken a couple of wild flowers with me and I had them sitting on Mum's bench for a while. When I felt the time was right, I pulled them apart and kissed each petal in turn for each of Mum's loved family. I then tossed them to the wind for Mum to catch and place where she thought they belonged.

I have a beautiful Mulberry candle that I light for Mum on all special occasions. As we can't have candles burning in the Mountains, I took some of the wax from Mum's Birthday Party and I rubbed it into the bench. So I was able to share it with her. ( I have the candle burning now beside me for Mother's Day. Just 1 of the ways I use to help keep Mum so very close to me now. )

I had the chance to sit and watch as Mum showed off her beautiful morning. Watching the movement of the sun as it rose even further into the bright, clear sky. I watched in amazement as pairs of Black Cockatoo's cart wheeled across the sky on the early morning breezes. Cawing to each other across the vast distances. There was also the ever present butterflies. Flitting and floating just out of reach it seems. All the while soothed by the sounds of the waterfalls. Mum's presence was at home here. She has added her everlasting calmness to the quietness of the Valley. The lack of human sounds was magnified by the gentle concussion of natures choir.

Mum was smiling..
The twinkle of Mum's eye was reflected in the sun drenched distant horizon. Both have this baby blue haze to them. Absolutly amazing..

After what felt like minutes, but in fact was a couple of hours, sitting and talking with Mum I had to go.
I blew kiss's to the wind again for us all. I told Mum how much we loved her and missed her so.
I told her that I would be back again, I couldn't say when, but I would be back.

I slowly made my way back to the top where we had parked the car. My loving husband was there to greet me with a shoulder to cry on and a much needed drink.
As we drove away I looked at the clock and it was almost 11am.. It still feels like a few minutes...........

I hope these photo's will help you in understanding just why this area was so special to Mum.
I hope they also help you open up and share with those you hold dear.

Thinking of you all on this day.

Love
Jude

No comments:

Shoutbox


We Will Love You Always